Monday, April 16, 2012

Woodbridge police chief answers animal-related questions

I sat at last weeks Board of Selectmen meeting intrigued.
I know I am not the only one that has been waiting to hear how the shift in Animal Control coverage has been going.
Lord knows I wrote enough stories about the disbandment of District Animal Control last year.
At the time DAC was having some pretty major problems. However by the time the actual disbandment took place things were once again moving pretty well. Even Orange acknowledged the shelter was moving in the right direction.
I was happy to hear Deputy Chief Stuart commend the officers. I agree it must have been difficult for the two officers to go from answering to a commission on a monthly basis to having to explain every step they take.
I am not sure police officers picking up roaming dogs during off hours is the right way to save money. The officers, I assume, take the dogs to the shelter. I wonder if the officer also checks out the other critters to make sure they are all doing well.
Here is a link to the article

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home